CAC’s COVID-19 Resource
July 30th Update. 96% of Coaches Across Continents (CAC) partners reported the mental well-being of youth they impact has been moderately or severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. CAC has adapted a specialized play-based educational resource from our existing Purposeful Play curriculum library which addresses issues such as anxiety, self-esteem, balancing emotions, stress, and loneliness.
The games are adaptable to varying numbers of participants and national restrictions (distancing, hygiene, one-person activity). As a result it can be used in contexts where isolation, social distancing and public hygiene measures are necessary. This resource is coming soon!
CAC is going to be #PartOfTheSolution as we fight this global COVID-19 pandemic. Education on COVID-19 is urgently needed by children globally. Many of the communities in which we work do not have access to running water and live in heavily congested communities making social distancing far more challenging. Donate to CAC’s work to support our play-based response to this crisis.
As the global leader in Purposeful Play, CAC have released a new Purposeful Play curriculum packet to educate communities, coaches, and children on best practices associated with the coronavirus and other communicable diseases. The COVID-19 resource has been distributed to all of our 75 impact partners in 45 countries addressing UNSDG3: Good Health and Well-being and UNSDG4: Quality Education.
The packet is divided into 2 general sections:
1. Resources that include
- Talking with Youth about Scary Diseases
- Myths & Facts
- Coaching Guidelines
- Research & Science Facts
2. Activities specially designed to focus on
- Best practices to avoid contracting the virus (hand washing, social distancing, and more)
- Best practices to avoid spreading the virus if you become infected (testing, isolation)
Unlike most CAC Purposeful Play curriculum all activities in this packet are designed to be played with as little physical contact as possible. For more information about our COVID-19 Curriculum contact us at
More on CAC’s COVID-19 Response
- CAC Founder Nick Gates presented our COVID-19 curriculum on Beyond Sport’s inaugural community chat on April 9th. Here is a link to the full recording of that chat.
- We are pleased to be a supporting signatory on Soccer Without Borders and America SCORES’ call to address youth isolation during the COVID-19 crisis.
- We are a supporter of the European Football for Development Network’s #SupporterofEachOther initiative.